5.06.2008

I am so tired and so hungry right now...

It has just been one of those mornings.

It all started last night when I was lying in bed staring at the ceiling until 3:30 am. My mind was racing and I just could not sleep. I was thinking about (what else) knitting. You see, for those who don't know me personally, my obsessive personality sometimes gets the best of me.

To compound matters, for some unknown reason my two year old decides to wake up at 6:00 AM. I tried to doze off after that but someone was being really really loud and repeatedly yelling, "Mama Geg up!!" I rolled out of bed, feeling quite sorry for myself for only getting a pitiful 2.5 hours of sleep.

I decided to start my day by checking my ravelry account and email and of course it was TODAY of all days that I get my second rejection letter from Knitty. I had turned in the Rustic Cables pattern in February and it took them all this time to get back to me. Unfortunately I had done it again, I had gotten my hopes up and found myself feeling very disappointed.

I then stumbled into the bathroom to take a shower and for some reason decided this was the day I was going to step on the scale. Well come to find out, I also weigh alot more than I thought I did. Great.

After my shower as I was leaving the bathroom, to top it all off, I whacked my head against the door jam. Don't ask me why that happened. My preoccupied, exhausted, pudgy self apparently could no longer walk straight.

So, here I was sleep deprived, disappointed, fat, with a splitting headache.

What did I do about it?

I went shopping... now I feel alot better.

So, about Knitty, I am sad that my two patterns that I have submitted have been declined. But, it also motivates me more than ever to keep going. I will not give up!!! I am currently working on a pattern for their Fall issue. I have to say, I am quite pleased. It has been a big undertaking, but will be well worth the effort. As with the previous submissions, I will not be able to share it with you until after it has been either published or denied.

As soon as I get some pictures in order I will be sharing a new project I started recently that it working up quite nicely. So please stay tuned.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I've had alot of thoes days lately. Eat some chocolate, start a new project and hide the scale.
Can't wait to see the pattern they rejected. I'm sure the rest of the knitting world will love it.
What's up with Ravelry today? Can you get on?

sweetp said...

Im not half the knitter you are but if you ever want someone to look at your pattern/test knit LMK!

Those hats look great, might have to make one for DH

NSF said...

You are slim and knit beautifully. When Knitty does accept your project it will be so perfect people will be knitting it for seasons and seasons!NSF

Dawn said...

You are far from fat! I've seen you in person and you are very thin and beautiful! Turn that frown upside down!:) Sorry you're having such a bad day. Knitty don't know what they're missing. You're patterns are great! Keep up the great work! Hugs...Dawn

Alana said...

Hey everyone,
Thankyou for your kind comments. Just to clarify, I just threw the "f" word in there for the sake of drama. Realistically I know that im not FAT, just fattER than before! :) Thankyou for all the encouragement!